Netflix surprised everyone by dropping the first Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua promo video during WWE RAW!

External image 1

Netflix surprised everyone by dropping the first Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua promo video out of nowhere during WWE RAW!

External image 2

It looks like an official announcement for the long-awaited fight between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury is coming soon, after Netflix shared a promo video during Monday’s episode of WWE Raw.

After more than ten years of waiting, these two British heavyweights are finally set to face off. Promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed earlier this year that the deal is “signed, sealed, and delivered.”

While the date and venue haven’t been announced yet, Fury hinted on Tuesday that big news is on the way, as rumors keep swirling about whether the fight will happen in the UK or the US.

“I’ve got some big news dropping very soon,” Fury said on Instagram. “Everything’s good. A huge fight is coming—that’s the one you’ve all been waiting for. It’ll be announced very soon, so stay tuned!”

Even without all the details, Netflix released a trailer for the fight on Monday during WWE Raw. This show is owned by TKO, which also owns Dana White’s Zuffa Boxing.

One big question is where the fight will take place. Earlier this month, Eddie Hearn said there won’t be a fight if the venue changes. Joshua’s contract says the fight must happen in the UK.

“If they announce the fight without agreeing to change the venue, there will be no fight, and we’re not bluffing,” Hearn said on The Punch Podcast. “Everyone wants the fight in New York, except Anthony Joshua and me.”

Hearn added that Netflix and others are pushing for a US location, saying, “They’re big partners and paying a lot, so they want the fight where it makes the most money.”

On the other side, Tyson Fury’s promoter Frank Warren feels positive the fight will happen, no matter what.

“Tyson’s agreement says something different,” Warren told BoxNation. “They either agree or they don’t. If they don’t, no fight. Tyson signed in January, and the fight was planned for September, but a tragic accident involving AJ delayed everything.”

“But I understand the fight will happen in November, and the venue will be announced soon.”

Boxing

Articles You May Like

The five Premier League teams with the hardest opening games as Arsenal get ready for a tough title defense
Rodri kindly asks a Barcelona player to give up his shirt number during their talks.
Man Utd star shares Marcus Rashford transfer hopes, breaking the dressing room silence
Everton take the lead over Liverpool in signing the young star who dreams of playing in the Premier League

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *