Xabi Alonso’s reply when asked on live TV about what’s next for three Chelsea players

External image 1

Xabi Alonso’s answer when asked live on TV about what’s next for three Chelsea players

Xabi Alonso quickly shared his thoughts when asked about the future of three Chelsea players after joining the club.

After leaving Real Madrid halfway through the season, Alonso wasted no time in stepping back into management with Chelsea, signing a four-year deal.

He’s now the sixth permanent boss since Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital took over in May 2022. Unlike before, Alonso’s official title is “manager” instead of “head coach,” showing Chelsea’s trust in giving him more control.

Though he hasn’t done his first press conference yet, Alonso spoke briefly to Spanish outlet El Chiringuito in an unexpected interview. He called Chelsea “a beautiful project” and “a very good option” after taking charge.

When asked about rumors that big clubs want some of his key players—Joao Pedro, Enzo Fernandez, and Marc Cucurella—he said, “This is football; we’re going to make a good team.”

Chelsea announced Alonso’s hiring last week, but he won’t officially start until July 1. That’s partly because his Real Madrid contract ends on June 30, so the timing makes sense with usual football contracts.

After being named Chelsea manager, Alonso said on the club’s website that Chelsea is “one of the biggest clubs in world football.” He added, “From my talks with the owners and sporting leaders, it’s clear we share the same ambitions.”

He’s excited about the talented squad and eager to build a team that can compete at the top and win trophies. Alonso called it an honor to lead Chelsea and said the focus will now be on hard work, building a positive culture, and winning titles.

When the new season starts, Alonso will be Chelsea’s fourth different manager in just eight months, following Enzo Maresca, Liam Rosenior, and Calum McFarlane, who all took charge since December last year.

Soccer

Articles You May Like

Golfer shares his thoughts after getting a penalty before his PGA Championship even began
Heard the news? Man City might lose a third player as many are leaving, especially with talks about Pep Guardiola possibly leaving.
Southampton players might decide to stand up to their own club after being kicked out of the play-offs.
Xabi Alonso is ready to bring out Chelsea’s 6ft 7in giant who hasn’t played a game for the team yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *