Harry Kane contract update: Unexpected club starts ‘talks’ with Bayern Munich star

External image 1

Update on Harry Kane’s contract: Unexpected club starts ‘talks’ with Bayern Munich star

Harry Kane is currently talking with Bayern Munich about a new contract, but there are also reports that Al-Hilal have had ‘talks’ with his representatives. Kane’s future at Bayern has been a hot topic all summer, especially since the 33-year-old is now in the final year of his deal at the Allianz Arena.

Last season was Kane’s best ever at club level, scoring 61 goals in 51 games and helping Bayern win both the league and cup. He also scored six goals at this summer’s World Cup, where England made it to the semi-finals before losing to Argentina.

After England’s disappointment in the tournament, everyone quickly started wondering what Kane would do next. Big clubs like Barcelona, Tottenham, and Manchester United want updates on his future. Kane said he would start contract talks with Bayern after a short break following the World Cup. Now, back in training since last week, Kane says he’s feeling relaxed about the situation.

“I only have one year left on my contract, so now is the time to talk about it,” he said. “We’ll have talks next week or the week after. Both sides are calm about it.”

On August 10, reports said Bayern were close to offering Kane a three-year deal, which would keep him there until just before he turns 36. That would basically rule out him leaving the club.

However, TEAMtalk recently reported that Kane’s brother and main agent, Charlie Kane, met with Al-Hilal’s football director, Simon Francis, over the weekend. Kane is their top choice for striker, and the Saudi club is ready to make one of the biggest offers ever seen in the Saudi Pro League to try to sign him.

Still, since Kane wants to stay in the Bundesliga, TEAMtalk says a move to Al-Hilal is “unlikely” for now.

Putting all the transfer gossip aside, Kane is also one of the favorites to win the Ballon d’Or after an amazing season for both club and country. Alongside stars like Rodri, Lamine Yamal, Kylian Mbappe, and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Kane is expected by many to win football’s top individual honor on October 26, after scoring 73 goals last season.

Talking about his chances of being the first English player to win the trophy since Michael Owen in 2001, Kane said: “I’m really proud of the season I had last year. The Ballon d’Or is the biggest individual award you can get. I know I had a great season, but my focus is already on this new season. The decision isn’t up to me — it’s down to voting, the media, and things I can’t control. So we’ll see what happens. It would be amazing if I won, but it’s still a couple of months away and not my main focus right now.”

Soccer

Articles You May Like

Marcus Rashford’s transfer story takes a surprising turn after his first game for Man Utd in 20 months
Tyson Fury’s promoter shares good news about a possible Anthony Joshua fight after Eddie Hearn’s worries
F1 team boss let go right away, new leader announced before Dutch GP
Liverpool star’s agent speaks up after Man City bid rumors

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *