WWE main event faces uncertainty after top star is arrested

One of the biggest WWE matches coming up is now uncertain after a top wrestler was arrested.
On May 30, AAA—the Mexican Lucha Libre promotion WWE bought in 2025—will host the Noche de Los Grandes (Night of the Greats) show at Arena Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico.
A highly awaited mask vs. mask match between El Grande Americano and “The Original” El Grande Americano is one of the main events. But now, there are worries it might not happen because one of the wrestlers was arrested on Wednesday.
German Ludwig Kaiser, who has been wrestling as a masked Mexican character lately and had a lot of success, is involved in a popular story with Chad Gable, who also says he’s the real El Grande Americano.
Just days before this big match, Kaiser—whose real name is Marcel Barthel—was arrested in Florida for battery.
According to Sean Ross Sapp from Fightful, he was charged with battery “against a male after an altercation,” and it wasn’t a domestic issue.
The 35-year-old was taken to Orange County jail but was released after paying $1,000 bail. His mugshot appeared online on sites like ‘Orange County Mugshots’ and RecentlyBooked.com.
As El Grande Americano, Kaiser has been very popular in Mexico, getting great reactions from fans and starring in one of the top wrestling storylines right now.
Before joining WWE in 2017, he wrestled independently and is a two-time NXT Tag Team Champion with former Imperium partner Fabian Aichner, also known as Giovanni Vinci.
Kaiser was also in the news recently after wrestling legend Ric Flair said Kaiser was banned from WrestleMania 42. Flair claimed it was because Kaiser spoke to Triple H after a heated incident involving Flair’s daughter Charlotte and Kaiser’s ex-girlfriend Tiffany Stratton during a messy storyline in 2025.
Flair explained in an interview that he threatened Kaiser, saying, “I threatened to beat up Tiffany Stratton’s husband last year, and I wasn’t allowed to go [to WrestleMania].” He added it was strange that a 76-year-old like him was stopped from going to such a big event because of a 24-year-old wrestler.
Flair went on to criticize Kaiser, calling him a “little punk” and saying the young wrestler won’t get far in the business.
SPORTbible has reached out to WWE for their comments on the situation.

