Carlo Ancelotti shares the 26-player Brazil World Cup team and confirms Neymar’s spot

External image 1

Carlo Ancelotti shares the 26 players chosen for Brazil’s World Cup team, including the decision on Neymar.

Brazil’s head coach Carlo Ancelotti has revealed the 26 players who will represent the five-time World Cup champions at the 2026 tournament — but one in-form Premier League player didn’t make the cut.

The Italian coach shared the official Brazil squad at a ceremony in Rio de Janeiro on Monday, May 18. Much of the buzz before the announcement was about whether Neymar would be included.

The 34-year-old star has been playing well this season, scoring six goals and providing four assists for Santos, his childhood club. He returned there after a tough time at Saudi club Al Hilal, where he played just seven times in nearly 18 months.

Before the squad announcement, lots of fans gathered outside, chanting “Ole, ole, ole, ola, Neymar!” to show their support.

In an interview with The Guardian on May 13, Ancelotti said Neymar’s skill wasn’t a worry. “It depends on what the player shows on the pitch,” he said. “With Neymar, we just need to check his fitness because his talent is clear.”

Neymar, Brazil’s top scorer with 79 goals in 128 games, has played in the 2014, 2018, and 2022 World Cups.

At around 10 p.m. BST, after many speeches, Ancelotti finally shared the squad that fans were eager to hear.

He started with Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson and former Manchester City keeper Ederson.

Defenders like Arsenal’s Gabriel Magalhães and PSG’s Marquinhos made the team, along with midfielders Manchester United’s Casemiro and Newcastle’s Bruno Guimarães.

Young talent Endrick earned a spot after a great loan at Lyon. Arsenal’s Gabriel Martinelli and Brentford’s Igor Thiago joined United’s Matheus Cunha in the squad.

Then, Ancelotti confirmed Neymar was included, sparking cheers and chants from the crowd.

Bournemouth’s Rayan and Real Madrid’s Vinicius Junior were also selected. Barcelona forward Raphinha will be at the tournament too.

However, despite a good first season at Chelsea, Joao Pedro missed out.

Brazil will start their World Cup journey against Morocco on June 13, then face Haiti on June 20, and finish Group C by playing Scotland on June 24.

The team hasn’t won the World Cup since legends Ronaldo Nazário and Ronaldinho led them to victory in 2002, and they haven’t reached the final since then either.

Soccer

Articles You May Like

Rory McIlroy shares a fitness update after injury worries before the US PGA Championship
Daniil Medvedev wants the rules changed as an ‘answer’ to the Jannik Sinner situation at the Italian Open.
The complete transcript of the West Ham vs Arsenal incident has been shared after the controversial audio was released.
Alex Hunter is said to be making his long-awaited return in the open-world mode of EA FC 27!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *