Man City players keep leaving as Pep Guardiola transfer talks swirl and another player is listed for sale

External image 1

Man City player departures keep going as Pep Guardiola’s future is talked about, and another player is up for sale.

External image 2

Manchester City looks set for more changes this summer, with talk of another player leaving as strong whispers say Pep Guardiola might step down after ten years in charge. On Monday evening, just a day before City lost the Premier League title to Arsenal after drawing with Bournemouth, news surfaced that Guardiola plans to leave even though he has one year left on his contract. Former Chelsea manager Enzo Maresca, who was Guardiola’s assistant last season, is being mentioned as the likely new boss.

Big changes are expected at the Etihad Stadium, with lots of rumors about players moving on. The latest news from ESPN Brasil says City might sell winger Savinho after two seasons with the club. Journalist Bruno Andrade shared that Savinho isn’t seen as a key player anymore and City’s board has put him up for transfer. They are asking for more than €50 million for the 22-year-old, and it seems likely he could join another Premier League team.

City has dropped their price quite a bit. They recently turned down an offer of about €70 million from Spurs, as Guardiola still thought Savinho had a role to play. But his second season was tough, with injuries and inconsistent form, and he mostly came off the bench. Across all competitions, Savinho made 35 appearances, scoring four goals and helping with two assists.

Meanwhile, club legends Bernardo Silva and John Stones have already said goodbye, celebrating an FA Cup win against Chelsea on Saturday. There are also strong rumors that Real Madrid want to sign City’s midfielder Rodri, with reports saying he wants to return to Spain, especially if Guardiola leaves. Real is also linked to City’s Josko Gvardiol, who might be offered to them, according to Spanish sources.

Sam Lee from The Athletic mentioned on the ‘Let Me Talk’ podcast that more players could leave, depending on what Maresca plans. He also said he heard that midfielder Nico Gonzalez might be on his way out after not being included in City’s last three match squads, even though he scored the winning goal in the FA Cup semi-final. Nico had a good run when Rodri was out earlier in the season but has had less playing time lately.

Soccer

Articles You May Like

Why Venezuela Fury Might Get Married at 16 with Tyson’s Blessing
European club says no to £34 million price for Arsenal star who hasn’t played for them in 755 days
Spain faces a new World Cup worry as key star Lamine Yamal is set to miss the opening match.
Daniil Medvedev raises a concern about Jannik Sinner before the Italian Open pause

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *