Floyd Mayweather is going after his former associates with a huge $175 million lawsuit, claiming they tricked him.
Floyd Mayweather has just filed an eye-opening lawsuit worth $175 million against some of his former business partners, accusing them of fraud in many different ways. The undefeated boxing star, with an impressive record of 50-0, is suing his ex-manager Jona Rechnitz and Ayal Frist from the real estate and investment company Frist Apex Ventures. He claims they took advantage of him over several years. Another person involved is Alexander Seligson, a lawyer who helped refinance one of Mayweather’s properties.
Mayweather’s lawyer, Leo Jacobs, told ESPN, “The actions described here—like moving settlement money, refinance funds, and real estate earnings into accounts controlled by Rechnitz through Frist Apex Ventures—need a full investigation. We’re ready to get all the details and make sure our client gets back every dollar he deserves.”
This isn’t the only recent news about Mayweather. Earlier this week, he was ordered to pay $1 million in child support after being legally confirmed as the father of a four-year-old girl, according to TMZ. Also, in February, TMZ reported that Mayweather was suing Showtime to get back hundreds of millions of dollars lost due to a long-running financial fraud scheme.
According to ESPN, Mayweather’s lawsuit points out numerous problems. For example, a $7.5 million wire transfer made on July 1, 2024, to Frist Apex for a one-year investment was never actually invested, and the money wasn’t returned. There were also unauthorized transfers of his money to Frist Apex, including $15 million from settlement money from a real estate company, directed by Rechnitz. It’s claimed Rechnitz even redirected $1 million meant for a New York property purchase in 2025 to pay a jeweler instead, causing the property deal to fall through. Plus, $2.1 million out of an $8.2 million refinance of Mayweather’s Las Vegas property was sent to Frist Apex without his permission.
Throughout his amazing career, Mayweather is said to have earned around $1 billion. He recently came out of retirement for the fourth time and is gearing up for a big rematch with Manny Pacquiao this September. The five-division world champ, who had a nearly $7.3 million IRS lien placed against him in March for unpaid taxes from 2018 and 2023, certainly has a busy year ahead—both in and out of the ring.
Mayweather famously beat Pacquiao in 2015, in the “Fight of the Century,” winning by unanimous decision. Now, Netflix has announced that the two will face off again for what’s been called the Filipino’s Revenge Match.

